|From mill to hotel
The name „Bachmühle“ first appeared in chronicles around 1600.
The freestone house was built between 1840 and 1844. At that time, a restaurant opened for the first time named „Felsenkeller“ (cellar of rocks). At the same time the “Felsenkeller” offered accommodation too.
In 1892 a brewery was added to the building. After this Export beer, „Bachrainer“ (a pale Pilsner) and stout in winter time were brewed and offered to the public. At the beginning of the 20th century the brewery was closed but the tavern was conducted until 1960.
After that the property became estate of the city until the family Hilmar Farnung bought it in 1969.
During two big stages of construction the former estate was changed into a modern conference and workshop hotel. The first renovation and reconstruction of the freestone building was in 1975. The great new building of the head house was added in 1994.